Social Media Brand-Building
Instagram is slowly morphing into the most engaging and popular social media out there today. With social media brand-building more than 8 million business accounts registered, it has turned into a proven platform for social media that can be used for brand building and marketing of products and services. More than 80 million pictures get uploaded on Instagram each day by the huge and active base of users that your business can take advantage of. It is worthwhile to note that close to 60% of the users on Instagram fall in the age group of 18 to 19.
This happens to be a heavily valuable demographic that businesses can tap into to get some viable audience following them. This fact also makes it very competitive to market on Instagram. But if you plan your marketing strategy well enough and have a firm identity of your brand, your business is all set to get the appropriate amount of exposure. In this article, we will look at some marketing tips for Instagram that you will find helpful in real-world social media brand-building situations.
Make a move to get a business profile on Instagram Make sure that you have a business account on Instagram before you start your journey of marketing on Instagram. Here we present to you some obvious social media brand-building benefits of switching over to a business profile.
- Apart from making a visit to your site, the followers will be able to click the contact us button in order to reach out to you.
- You will be able to get your hands on the analytics tools (also called insights) where you will be able to see the statistics like impressions and how far your content can reach.
- You will be able to create ads easily and publish them on Instagram in a manner so you do not have to depend on advertising tools from Facebook.
- You will increase the probability of getting your content seen by the people who follow you as part of the news feeds they get.
Making this switch may seem like an easy step, yet it will end up making a world of difference as far as your marketing is concerned. Take advantage of sponsored ads As per eMarketer, the companies that make use of advertising on Instagram are increasing in number and are set to surpass other platforms for social media such as Facebook and Twitter. Real numbers show that Instagram advertising will be trending upwards in the coming times. And your business should be trying to take advantage of it in order to connect with your targeted audience in a manner that is cost-effective. Not just that Instagram boasts of 700 million dedicated bases of users, but it also has a lot of other important advantages that should compel you to start advertising on this platform.
- Since Facebook and Instagram are connected, you will be able to use the advertising experience that you have gained on Facebook for targeting your audience in a better way on Instagram
- All the way from creating advertisements to budgeting, you will be able to manage all aspects of your Instagram advertisements using the Ad Manager provided by Facebook.
- These advertisements are non-intrusive and engaging in nature, which will help you in getting better conversion rates at lower costs.
- You will retain the creative freedom to use either images or videos while promoting your service or product.
- These advertisements are surely going to catch the attention of your target audience as they fill the entire screen of the mobile devices.
- You will have the ability to conduct A/B testing on the creatives of your ads by using the ad editor from Facebook Instagram, and in this process, you will be increasing the chances of you getting better returns on your investment.
- Get into a partnership with target influencers If you are looking to get in touch with your potential consumers on the Instagram platform, you should seriously consider taking advantage of the influencers who already have done all the leg work to build an audience. With most of the people leaning towards buying services or products that are based on the content they see on their feed on Instagram, it only makes sense for you to get into a partnership with the right kind of influences so you can get them exposed to your brand. Influencers on Instagram are power users and have a loyal and large base of followers who trust the recommendations made by these power influencers. However, to ensure that your marketing campaign using the influencers on Instagram is successful, it is extremely important for you to choose your influencers wisely. Do not aim to make short term profits and sales using your campaign. Rather, focus on creating a long term strategy for marketing taking help from the influencers from your industry. You should be aiming to build a strong awareness about your social media brand-building with the audience who is likely to engage in doing business with your company.
- Engage in cross-promotion on the other channels of social media It makes a lot of sense to promote Instagram handle on other platforms for social media in order to get more reach. If you already have followers/fans on LinkedIn, Twitter, Facebook, etc who trust you and know you, then you should definitely be inviting them to connect with you on Instagram too. By using cross-promotion, you will surely get more exposure for the content you post on your Instagram account. This will also help in improving the image of your brand and bringing down the costs associated with the creation of new content. Depending on the goals you have set out for your social media, you can get into cross-promotion on the other accounts of social media in various ways. Below are some tips to do it:
- Post your content from Instagram automatically to other accounts. Tools like Hootsuite can be helpful here.
- Promote your video content created exclusively for Instagram on LinkedIn or Facebook and drive back the traffic to your website.
- Spread the news about the contests that you run on Instagram using appropriate social media accounts to increase the number of followers.
When social media brand-building done in the right way, this strategy will go a long way in helping you grow your marketing on Instagram. https://www.youtube.com/embed/FD4hQcTdkmo